Place in the sun dreams turned into a nightmare

AS the Mail reveals how Yoxall businessman Colin Thomas faces a police investigation into a suspected £43 million property scam, staff reporter ROB SMYTH and Spanish-based journalist Fergal MacErlean take a detailed look into the allegations.

OCEAN View Properties was founded by buy-to-let tycoon Colin Thomas in 2001.

He is now facing criminal charges in Spain for fraud and misappropriation of funds in relation to alleged irregularities with his overseas property investment company.

He marketed the properties using celebrities while his then friend, convicted conman Sean Woodhall, searched for development opportunities on the Costa del Sol.

Ocean View was behind a number of successful enterprises but ran into difficulties when it became involved as an agent for Spanish developer Ricardo Miranda Miret.

More than a thousand British investors who paid £45 million for off-plan overseas property developments have lost their money after Ocean View was formally dissolved in 2009 with the appointment of liquidators Grant Thornton.

The purchasers each paid deposits, typically of between £85,000 and £120,000, four years ago for properties in Spain and the Dominican Republic, which were either never built or said to be sub-standard.

Some are alleged to have lost much more.

Two investors sank almost a million pounds each into schemes run by Miranda Miret, one being a 350 luxury apartment build at the Estepona Country Club on the Costa del Sol, the other marketed as a prestigious 6,000-property development, Punta Perla, in the Dominican Republic.

When the sector collapsed amid corruption scandals in the Estepona region, the venture started to fail. Thomas and Woodhall had turned their attention to the Caribbean development of Punta Perla in the Dominican Republic.

Woodhall, 43, went missing after his light aircraft crashed over Brazil in 2008 and, while his body has never been recovered, he has been declared dead.

Nick Wood, partner at Grant Thornton’s Recovery and Reorganisation practice, said: “We are investigating what happened to monies paid by investors. There is a black hole amounting to millions of pounds.

“We are looking to identify any claims which can be instigated to recover monies for creditors.

“Our investigation is focusing on Ocean View’s operations in the UK and overseas jurisdictions including Spain.”

Ocean View, which operated as a franchise throughout the UK, had an office at the historic country mansion of Longdon Hall in Rugeley.

Colin Thomas owns a luxury home at Town Hill in Yoxall, where he lives with his partner, Michelle de Havilland.

Both Thomas and Ms de Havilland are Friday night regulars at The Meynell Ingram Arms in Hoar Cross, where they helped to set up the charity madcap Hoar Cross Downhill Soapbox race.

Thomas and the former directors, or considered de facto directors, of Ocean View, which include David Stewart and Robert Parkes, were named in the criminal claim lodged in a Madrid court on February 4.

Those in charge of running Ocean View and Spanish developer Miranda Miret have previously strongly denied any wrongdoing.

Antonio Flores, the Spanish prosecuting lawyer from Marbella-based firm Lawbird, said: “I don’t believe Ocean View knew nothing about what was going on.

But they will be forced to talk in court.

“This was a scam of huge proportions. It has the potential of becoming one of the biggest property scams, as none of the developments will be built.”

Several celebrities were involved in the marketing of the company, but there are no suggestions of wrongdoing against any of them.

They included Martin Roberts, presenter of the BBC’s Homes Under the Hammer property programme.

He claims the company owes him and his partner around £200,000.

England international footballers Gareth Barry and Alan Smith also bought properties successfully from Ocean View.

Go to source to see pictures: http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Place-in-the-sun-dreams-turned-into-a-nightmare.htm

LEGAL ACTION ON ‘SWINDLERS TO THE STARS’

Finally some action against Ocean View & Ass.

THE Government is poised to take legal action against a company that used TV and sports stars in a suspected £43million overseas property scam.

The Insolvency Service is understood to be about to launch disqualification proceedings against the bosses of Ocean View Properties, exposed by a long-running Sunday Express investigation more than two years ago.

The Staffordshire-based company, whose founders included a convicted fraudster, used the likes of England footballer Gareth Barry and TV property expert Martin Roberts to sell luxury off-plan apartments in Spain.

It took deposits worth about £80,000 each from British investors, but much of the cash disappeared as the homes failed to materialise.

Ocean View was placed into compulsory liquidation at the request of accountants Grant Thornton in 2009, while officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency were also understood to have begun their own probe.

Ocean View was founded by buy-to-let tycoon Colin Thomas in 2001. He marketed the properties using celebrities while his then friend, convicted conman Sean Woodhall, searched for opportunities for development on the Costa del Sol.

hen the sector collapsed amid corruption scandals in the Estepona region, the venture started to fail. Thomas and Woodhall had turned their attention to the Caribbean development of Punta Perla in the Dominican Republic.Woodhall, 43, went missing after his light aircraft crashed over Brazil in 2008 and while his body has never been recovered he has been declared dead. Thomas and his fellow directors have always denied wrongdoing.

In a separate but related development(PUNTA PERLA), a class action lawsuit to recover money on behalf of dozens of Ocean View victims was filed by a Spanish lawyer in Madrid on Friday(This is the lawsuit from Antonio – Lawbirds on behalf of Ollie Reel and almost 100 other investors who had enough!)

Joseph Mitchell and the Chinese deal papers – Probably last chance to get a copy!

Punta Perla and the Chinese Deal

PuntaPerla.com is again down from the internet and it will be interesting to see what content will be on that next time? Those who didn’t manage to download copies of the Chinese deal papers before PuntaPerla.com went into “maintenance mode” can find them on another location set up by “Joseph Mitchell” – please visit: http://puntaperlacaribbean.com/doc – click on docs.zip to download and save them one by one before this location is closed too.

There will come a moment when these papers should be forwarded to the Chinese Embassy in Washington and London, because Dominican Watchdog is currently working on clarification of issues related to information received from “Joseph Mitchell” about Punta Perla and RM. We have sent an email with several questions to Alex Rood as it looks like he is the new head of communication on behalf of Ricardo Miranda(who will soon be very busy when the angry Irish investors headed by Ollie Reel submit their criminal case to the court in Madrid next week).

It’s perfectly clear that “Joseph Mitchell”  is not a private detective as first presumed, but a whistle-blower who is/was very close to Ricardo Miranda. Dominican Watchdog is not aware of the identity of the whistle-blower but we have several hours of very interesting conversation with him/her on skype and the person had extremely deep knowledge about everything around RM,even personal issues incl a story about the killing of a young boy by his ex bodygard/driver outside a discotheque in Madrid.

Dominican Watchdog has been contacted several times by “Joseph Mitchell” and asked to publish a lot of documents. However without knowing who “Joseph Mitchell” is and how he/she obtained the documents we denied to do so, because we have too often linked to sources that has later been altered or removed after pressure form certain groups within the Dominican Republic. And exactly the same happened now again with puntaperla.com(DW however have screen dumps of all the articles on the PP domain from “Joseph Mitchell” and will probably publish them one day if there should be a need to do so).

Dominican Watchdog has no interest in being involved in the personal problems between “Joseph Mitchell” and Ricardo Miranda. Therefore we will not publish any of the documents we have received from “Joseph Mitchell”. However we have contacted “Joseph Mitchell” several weeks ago and informed him to post the documents on www.The-Dominican-Republic.org if he is really serious about having a voice and letting investors know the truth.  We however feel “Joseph Mitchell” is rethinking his/her strategy…..

I believe I can speak for everybody when I say, that we are all very tired of Punta Perla .com, .org. com.do domains opening, closing and changing content on a monthly basis! Lately none of the domains had a telephone number, contact person or address where the CEO could be met. These useless US$ 500 websites are promoted by people like Mark and Alex who are all in Ricardo Miranda pocket’s. However Ricardo Miranda himself have not dared to met with any of his investors for years, to look them in the eyes, and tell them the truth about what happened to their money in Spain, Morocco and Dominican Republic.

Dominican Watchdog is not aware of any other development of that size where is has not been possible to meet the developer!! There is no doubt that Punta Perla is among the most unprofessional projects ever launched in the Dominican Republic. Atlantico in Luperon was another white elephant where over US$100 million from investors was lost!! And Canadian investors lost US$ 160 million when dealing with the former Dominican tourist minister. Victor Cabral got only 12 months house arrest for ripping of these investors, and believe me that he was not alone, but nothing happened to the rest of the gang who shared the money!!!

DominicanWatchdog.org and our forum The-Dominican-Republic.org has never been down or in “maintenance mode” – we are running mirror servers with hourly back-up to ensure our readers have access to all the important news about the Dominican Republic. To boost our ranking on all search engines we run several blogs(like this one), specific sub domains, twitter and facebook. Dominican Watchdog had over 14,000 pages views last month, visitors from 150 countries and 1050 friends on facebook. Power to the internet and free media – the truth will prevail, join us on facebook today!

DOMINICAN SCAM: A FEW QUESTIONS FOR PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO

Prince Albert II of Monaco has yet to explain why he traveled to the Dominican Republic to actively promote and appear publicly for the Punta Perla development (aside from escaping Monaco).

Investors in the Punta Perla fraud were swindled out of $60 million.

Punta Perla was a private real estate project that sought to entice middle-class Europeans to deposit hard-earned savings for as-yet-to-be-built Caribbean vacation homes.

Albert is a head-of-state. One can understand Monaco’s Sovereign promoting private interests if it involves trade, commerce or tourism for Monaco, such as helping promote a new resort by SBM or Monaco QD.

But a head-of-state allowing himself to be used as a celebrity endorser to help line the pockets of non-Monegasque con-men in a far away land?

Shameful.

What’s next, Albert doing TV ads for Viagra?

A huge question remains unanswered:

What did Albert stand to gain from his involvement in the fleecing of $60 million from hundreds of small investors?

The Punta Perla development was relatively small for the billionaire prince, especially when he has the government of Qatar writing blank checks to spend on much larger projects through his Monaco QD entity.

So what (or who) induced Albert to get involved with Punta Perla’s main organizer, scam artist Ricard Miranda MIRET, whose previous property projects were failures?

It is clear that something corrupt transpired to get the Prince to the Dominican Republic.

Monegasques and Dominicans, as well as victims whose money was stolen, deserve to know the answers to these questions:

Why did Albert get involved in Punta Perla?

How much money was Albert and/or members of his entourage paid?

Will Albert give up his fee to help pay restitution to the victimized investors?

What does Albert know about the whereabouts of money stolen from investors?

What does Albert know about Ricard Miranda MIRET and his current whereabouts?

Does MIRET have a bank account in Monaco?

We wish success to the victims of Punta Perla and their skilled attorneys at Law Bird as they seek justice, and we hope that Ricard Miranda MIRET and Prince Albert are held to account for their misdeeds.

Source: eringer33.com

MUST SEE!!!! Watch this broadcast where spymaster Robert Eringer calls Ricardo Miranda a con man for defrauding investors for USD 60 million – CLICK HERE!!!

Looks like somebody hired a private detective to investigate the activities of Ricardo Miranda and the Punta Perla back office operations

Esteemed clients,

As I have received many requests for more information regarding who I am and how I obtained email addresses, everyone deserves the same response.  I have been hired to investigate the current situation of the Real Estate Development, Punta Perla.  My client purchased on the development in 2007.  As there has been no continuous flow of information from the Developer, nor advance made in construction, the decision was made to investigate formally.  Email addresses were obtained as part of the investigation to maintain all interested parties informed.  Those who do not wish to receive information will be removed from the list upon request.  Individuals that respond in an obscene or unprofessional manner will also be removed.

In addition to looking into ownership of the land, I have been to Madrid to observe the daily activities in the office. Limited individuals are seen entering the office on the fourth floor of Glorieta de Ruben Dario 3.  The doorman refers to the occupying tenant as GCP, SA.  Telephone calls are not answered and the door seemingly ignored.  Speaking with one employee for economic compensation, it was learned that GCP, SA acts as a parent company for the Punta Perla project, employing the few local employees in Madrid, the majority of whom have departed the company with money owed to them, including Eva Sotres.  It was also confirmed that Ricardo Miranda at that moment was in the Dominican Republic.   Names and telephones of additional former employees acquired.  Contact was made with these employees in Madrid. They have provided valuable information that is in the process of being confirmed.  Others present in the building mentioned that GCP was being evicted by the owner for failure to pay rent for over 4 months.

There is a team investigating in the Dominican Republic where there appears to be similar issues and serious problems with employees.  Additionally, there appears to be serious doubt as to the land ownership, which above all will be very important in regards to the situation of the investors.

Regards,

Joseph Mitchell

puntaperla@london.com

 

Updated, December 02, 2010

 

Esteemed clients,

I am sorry I am unable to respond to each of you individually, yet I would like to make a couple more observations based on emails I have received.  My client does not desire to be known as the individual who instigated this investigation; what is desired is that after so many years of being uninformed, those who desire to receive updates, are regularly made aware of information discovered.  For the good of the investigation, it is best that particular details remain confidential at the moment.

With that and for the lack of any other relevant confirmed information at the moment, all I can report is that there will be a case being heard today, December 2, 2010, for the eviction of Mr. Miranda from his home due to failure to pay.  As more information resulting from the investigations being carried out in Spain and the Dominican Republic is verified, all will be duly informed of the findings.

Cheers,

Joseph Mitchell

 

..

Facts about Ricardo Miranda Miret companies in Spain

Ricardo Miranda MiretAccording to information on the internet, Ricardo Miranda Miret don’t own any property in his name in Spain. Many of the 17 corporations in which he is involved is in liquidation. The data was apparently compiled by using Ricardo Miranda Miret ID codes NIE A-84224559 and  DNI 2702065W see the full list here

PuntaPerla.com domain for sale!

For whatever reason the domain is now up for sale, do not buy it! Why and who got control of it is not really interesting.

There has been so much bad press about Punta Perla that the name is worthless. In order for that development to move on two things have to happen.

1st the development should change name to something like Royal Palms Punta Cana and settle with all the old investors.

2nd Ricardo Miranda should exit the development as CEO, and leave it in the hands of some professionals with a serious track record.